Wednesday 14 December 2016

Shot Types for Psychoanalytical Film



I would like for my film to start with mirror shot of the main character, in the way her parents want to see her, put together and neat. I feel like a mirror shot is good start to my film as the idea of starting with a reflection being what is seen first gives the impression that what you first see isn't what is true; which later becomes known as the 'her' that her parents know isn't who she really wants to be. She feels trapped in the reflection of her parents ideals.



I plan to used long and extreme long shots to show the isolation the main character is feeling at the point in the film where she is still trying to fill the void although she is drinking and smoking, what she expected to fill the void and make her feel whole. 






The high angle would be used in parts of the film in which the main character is under the control of her parents. The use of the high angle would show that the main character is inferior in the situation and not in control of her own life; instead she is controlled by her authoritative parents.








I plan to use POV shots during the main characters downward spiral, when she's smoking and taking drugs. I think it'll give it more impact to give the feeling of it being the viewers point of view; maybe feel more relatable.





Close ups gives a closer look into the emotions of the character in frame which is vital to my concept. The girl who is central in my film is a very emotional teenage girl, so I feel that close ups will capture the level of emotion I need to portray the character to the extent I would like.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Evaluation

I started this unit by researching music video theories (Andrew Goodwin and Carol Vernallis) and analysing 4 music videos of my choice. Th...