Friday 2 December 2016

Aperture


The space through which light passes through the lens on the camera. The change in aperture can provide more than one dimension into a photograph.
Aperture is measured in f-stops; the higher the f-stop the smaller the hole for light to be let in, and the lower the f-stop the larger the hole for the light.



This video is an example of a low f-stop (f2.8) using a 60mm lens. The focus of this shot is the wooden stump in the left of the screen, with the foreground and background not in focus. If I was to redo this I would aim to have the duck in focus rather than the wooden stump; but at the same time I think this example works well in displaying the aperture setting f2.8.

 

This video displays the aperture setting f8 using a standard lens. Using this f-stop and lens the whole shot should be in focus, however I am unsure that this is correct; so if I was to reshoot this setting I would make sure the entire shot is in focus and chose a setting that shows that the shot is in focus.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video Evaluation

I started this unit by researching music video theories (Andrew Goodwin and Carol Vernallis) and analysing 4 music videos of my choice. Th...